Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Elul day 4--Can I be joyful today?

Today is the 4th day of Elul.  In less than a month it will be Rosh Hashnah.  We blow shofar now to wake us up and remind us of the imminence of the Holy Day, but what about the most holy of days--the one that is NOW?
What if we recognized the holiness of TODAY?
 
What is special about today in your life?  
What are you thankful for?  
Who have you helped today?  
Who have you asked forgiveness from today?  
For whom have you prayed for healing today?  
With whom have you given or received a hug?


THIS is the day that God has made, let us celebrate and rejoice in it - “Zeh hayom asah Adonai, nagilah v'nismecha vo”


Right now I stand on the precipice with a loved one in surgery.  As I pray for healing, I look forward to hearing good news this evening, but where can I find joy RIGHT NOW?  


It’s time to relieve the babysitter and spend the afternoon with my almost four year old daughter after her first day back at school.  Today and everyday, I hope I am as grateful for the time to share with her!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment